Monday, July 7, 2008
Oven Baked Cajun Catfish
Fast and easy, Cajun Catfish, baked in foil, is healthy and tasty.
4 (4oz each) catfish fillets
2 c. shredded carrots
6 oz. green beans, ends trimmed (about 15 beans per serving)
8 baby red potatoes, skin on, quartered
4 t. lemon juice
1 t. black pepper or to taste
2 t. cajun seasoning or to taste
2 t. dried parsley
Nonstick cooking spray
Olive oil (opt)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare 4 sheets of aluminum foil, about 12x12 inches.
Place one fillet on each sheet of foil; skin side down. Top each fillet with 1/2 c. carrots, 15 green beans, and 2 sliced potatoes.
2. Spray ingredients in each packet with vegetable oil spray or drizzle olive oil liberally over fillets (my favorite way)
3. Sprinkle each fillet with 1 t. lemon juice, 1/4 t. pepper, 1/2 t. cajun seasoning,and 1/2 t. dried parsley.
4. Close packets for cooking by gathering both ends, folding down lightly, then folding in each end. Place 4 foil packets on baking pan and bake 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes before opening (steam may escape). Place contents onto 4 dinner plates and serve immediately. Garnish with a lemon wedge, if desired.