Usually this blog is about recipes -- healthy, low fat recipes. Sometimes I like to vary from that specific area and delve into other parts of the cooking process.
In October I sponsored a giveaway of Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil, and I was so impressed with the product that I asked to try something else that they produce -- coconut flakes.
One of the things I wanted to talk about was the use of fresh ingredients. I'm sure you know that the best ingredients produce the best dishes. It's also important to feel secure with the producer of the item you are using.
Tropical Traditions is a company that takes pride in their product and they are USDA Certified Organic. The coconut arrived in a large 1 gallon/ 2 pound tub. It was sealed so tightly that it took quite a bit of work to get it open, but it was well worth the effort. When I finally lifted the lid,the aromas released were of fresh coconuts. I felt as though I was right there when the coconut was collected from the tree and cracked open.
After trying some of my favorite recipes and a few from Tropical Traditions web site, I was convinced. This is the best flaked coconut I have had to date.
Here are a few of the recipes to be found at their site. Great for the many Christmas gatherings that you are sure to be cooking for.
Banana Coconut Cake
Chocolate Coconut Bark
Coconut Almond Balls
So go ahead and eat lightly but enjoy the taste of the tropics.
Tropical Traditions also has a Referral Program, so if you place an order with them as a first-time customer, please select “Referred by a friend” and in the box that says “How did you hear of us?” enter my sponsor ID number… 5502694. By telling Tropical Traditions that I referred you, you will receive a complimentary copy of the book Virgin Coconut Oil: How it has changed people’s lives and how it can change yours! by Brian and Marianita Shilhavy with your first order! This book is filled with testimonies and research showing how healthy coconut oil is, and it also includes over 85 recipes showing how one can incorporate coconut into their diet.
Would like you to have a chance to win the same 2 pound tub of coconut flakes that I received? Here's how you can enter:
1. Leave a comment about something you learned at the Tropical Traditions web site or tell me what your favorite product is.
2. For a second chance to win, sign up as an e-mail subscriber with Feedburner, Feed Blitz, or become a Google Follower (see sidebar.) Then leave a second comment telling me you have subscribed or that you are already a subscriber.
If you subscribe in more than one way, leave a separate comment for each.
3. For a third chance to win, blog or Tweet about this contest with a link here, then come back and leave another comment telling me about it.
4. For a fourth chance to win, subscribe to the Tropical Traditions email sales newsletter, then come back and tell me that you have done that.
5. If you're not a blogger, be sure to leave your contact e-mail address like this to avoid spammers: pianananna(at)gmail(dot)com. If I don't have a way to reach you or you don't respond in three days, your name will be disqualified, and I will choose again, picking my favorite answer.
Open to US and Canada residents only, 18+.
Winners will be chosen by random.org.
Email addresses will not be shared with any third parties.
This Giveaway ends on Monday, November 30,2009 at midnight.
Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
If you like this blog, please look for my other blogs:
Thyme for Herbs