Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Good snacks are hard to find when you're watching fat and sugar content. Jerky.com is a place online that you can find snacks for even the most discriminating palate. I've mentioned this web site before and since I've had a chance to sample some of their products, I've become a real jerky fan! My husband was the one who liked jerky but I always thought I didn't. Isn't it usually dry and hard to chew? My experience with this company is not like that at all.
I especially like the wide variety of jerky they have to offer. They range from the standard Beef Jerky flavors to exotic jerky made from venison, elk, buffalo, ostrich, and alligator. Turkey Jerky is made from free-range turkey breasts, which are wonderfully seasoned and marinaded. Best of all is the fact that most items come with free shipping!
Jerky.com is about to launch two new products, and I have been privileged to try them. Spencer's Jerky comes in two exciting flavors -- Sweet & Spicy Mango, and Sweet & Spicy Orange.
Sweet and Spicy Mango is spicy, but not hot (to my taste), with a sweet fruity tang.
Sweet and Spicy Orange smells strongly of the orange citrus scent the moment you open the package, and it packs a wonderful, sweet, orange taste, as well as a spicy punch.
Both of these two new jerkies are tender and easy to chew, something I appreciated. The best part is that a one-ounce serving only has 2.5 grams of total fat ; 1 gram of saturated fat.
Now for the big announcement -- Jerky.com is offering a package of each to one lucky winner! Here's how you can enter to win:
1. Leave a comment after visiting the Jerky.com web site, about what your favorite product would be, or how you would use this peanut butter..
2. For a second chance to win, sign up as an e-mail subscriber with Feedburner, Feed Blitz, or become a Google Follower (see sidebar.) Then leave a second comment telling me you have subscribed or that you are already a subscriber.
If you subscribe in more than one way, leave a separate comment for each.
3. For a third chance to win, blog or Tweet about this contest with a link here, then come back and leave another comment telling me about it.
4. For a fourth chance to win, subscribe to the Jerky.com email newsletter, then come back and tell me that you have done that.
5. If you're not a blogger, be sure to leave your contact e-mail address like this to avoid spammers: pianananna(at)gmail(dot)com. If I don't have a way to reach you or you don't respond in three days, your name will be disqualified, and I will choose again, picking my favorite answer.
Open to US residents only, 18+.
Winners will be chosen by random.org.
Email addresses will not be shared with any third parties.
This Giveaway ends on Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at midnight EST.
Jerky.com provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose; nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
If you like this blog, please look for my other blogs:
Thyme for Herbs
Bits, Tales, and Yarns