Saturday, March 6, 2010
Organic Peanut Butter Giveaway
I love peanut butter; I always have. When I was a kid I would have had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every day if my mother would let me. Peanut butter cookies are my favorite cookie, and I also make a great peanut butter frosting for cakes and cupcakes. Yum!
I have to admit though that I had never tasted an organic peanut butter; I just get stuck in my rut and I like a certain brand.
Tropical Traditions has an organic Coconut Peanut Butter that I just had to try. When I first opened the jar I was very impressed with the fresh peanut smell. I breathed in deeply and then detected a slight coconut fragrance. What an interesting combination! I sampled a tiny taste with a spoon and noticed a different texture than I was used to. Not quite as smooth, but definitely a more true peanut butter taste than any I have had before. I could really go for this!
Next I had to give it a go in a few recipes and on toast, another favorite of mine. Yesterday I made a fresh batch of peanut butter cookies. The texture and flavor was slightly different, but I've noticed that difference any time I switch brands. Mmmmm, very good! As I smacked my lips, my husband came up next to me and snatched a warm cookie. He stated the same thing, a little different but very good just the same. Whenever I've altered one of my mother's recipes, I feel a little like a cheat. Aren't mother's recipes sacred? But then I realized that some things don't always have to stay the same and changes can be for the better. Knowing that Tropical Traditions is using only the best 100% organic peanuts from the US and 100% organic dried coconut from the Philipines, with no other additives or preservatives makes up for the small differences in flavor. Besides I like it, I really like it!
Tropical Traditions offers many recipes for you to try with their products, click here.
If you'd like to give Tropical Traditions Coconut Peanut Butter and try, here's your chance to win a 16-ounce jar!
1. Leave a comment after visiting the Tropical Traditions web site, about what your favorite product would be, or how you would use this peanut butter..
2. For a second chance to win, sign up as an e-mail subscriber with Feedburner, Feed Blitz, or become a Google Follower (see sidebar.) Then leave a second comment telling me you have subscribed or that you are already a subscriber.
If you subscribe in more than one way, leave a separate comment for each.
3. For a third chance to win, blog or Tweet about this contest with a link here, then come back and leave another comment telling me about it.
4. For a fourth chance to win, subscribe to the Tropical Traditions email sales newsletter, then come back and tell me that you have done that.
5. If you're not a blogger, be sure to leave your contact e-mail address like this to avoid spammers: pianananna(at)gmail(dot)com. If I don't have a way to reach you or you don't respond in three days, your name will be disqualified, and I will choose again, picking my favorite answer.
Open to US and Canada residents only, 18+.
Winners will be chosen by random.org.
Email addresses will not be shared with any third parties.
This Giveaway ends on Saturday, March 13, 2010 at midnight EST.
Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose; nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
Please make your car a NO PHONE ZONE!!!
If you like this blog, please look for my other blogs:
Thyme for Herbs
Bits, Tales, and Yarns