Have you ever used flax seed? Maybe you just didn't know what to do with it. Well, perhaps it's time to talk about it.
Flax seed comes form a beautiful plant with bright blue flowers. The seed is high in Omega 3 which is thought to reduce the risk of heart disease, among many other things such as reduce risk of breast cancer, prostrate cancer, prevent dry eye, and so on. You get the picture. Although whole flax seed is good, it is best if you grind it first. It is more easily absorbed into the system. You can simply use a coffee grinder but it is best to dedicate one just for this purpose. Be sure to use the seed as soon as possible because the oil may evaporate, leaving the seed less than desired. Tropical Traditions offers Whole Golden Flax Seed which is 100% Organic, USDA Certified, and that's a bonus right there!
So you'd like to try it, but don't know how to use it, right?
It's simple. Here are a few suggestions for you:
Add 1-2 T in juice or water for your daily intake of fiber.
Add ground flax seed to baked potatoes, stir fry, soups or stew, or top your favorite cereal or yogurt with a teaspoon or two. Also great as a salad topper.
Bake into cookies muffins, breads, etc.
Steep 1 T in 3 T hot water for an egg substitute for a gluten free recipe.
See where I'm going? Use your imagination!
I put it on my homemade dog food each morning, and my pooch loves it. Here the rule is 1/2 t. per 10 pounds of dog. (For my dog food recipe, visit Tedibles, my new pet web site.)
If you're a little skittish about buying flax seed when you've never used it before, here's your chance to win a 1 pound bag and give it try for yourself! Tropical Traditions can't wait to give you a free bag. Here's all you have to do:
1. Leave a comment after visiting the Tropical Traditions web site about something new you learned there..
2. For a second chance to win, sign up as an e-mail subscriber with Feedburner, Feed Blitz, or become a Google Follower (see sidebar.) Then leave a second comment telling me you have subscribed or that you are already a subscriber.
If you subscribe in more than one way, leave a separate comment for each.
3. For a third chance to win, blog or Tweet about this contest with a link here, then come back and leave another comment telling me about it.
4. For a fourth chance to win, subscribe to the Tropical Traditions Sales Newsletter, then come back and tell me that you have done that.
5. If you're not a blogger, be sure to leave your contact e-mail address like this to avoid spammers: pianananna(at)gmail(dot)com. If I don't have a way to reach you or you don't respond in three days, your name will be disqualified, and I will choose again, picking my favorite answer.
Open to US & Canada residents only, 18+.
Winners will be chosen by random.org.
Email addresses will not be shared with any third parties.
This Giveaway ends on Friday, May 21st at midnight EST.
Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose; nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
Please make your car a NO PHONE ZONE!!!
If you like this blog, please look for my other blogs:
Thyme for Herbs
Bits, Tales, and Yarns