Dinner for two. It's fast and pretty too. Plate this up for a special low fat dinner.
8 to 12 large sea scallops, halved crosswise
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 T. margarine, divided
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
2 T. chopped fresh or 2 t. dried basil leaves
1. Dry scallops with paper towels; season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 1 T. margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Arrange half the scallops in a single layer in skillet; cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or just until cooked. Transfer scallops to a platter; keep warm. Repeat with remaining scallops; remove to serving platter.
4. Melt remaining margarine in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and basil; heat through.
5. Spoon tomato mixture over the scallops; serve immediately.