Thursday, March 31, 2011
Lent -- Tilapia with Spinach and Feta
1 t. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
4 c. baby spinach
2 skinless fillets ( 4 oz. ea.) tilapia or other mild, medium textured white fish
1/2 t. black pepper
2 oz. low-fat feta cheese, cut into 2 ( 3-in) pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat skillet over medium-low heat. Add olive oil and heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until aromatic and tender, about 2 minutes, taking care not to burn.
2. Add spinach to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally until wilted.
3. Lay fillets on lightly oiled baking sheet. Season with black pepper. Top each fillet with piece of cheese. Top cheese with spinach mixture.
4. Wrap 1 end of fillet up and over cheese and spinach filling. Pin down to center of fillet with toothpick. Wrap other end of fillet up and over filling, pin down to center of fillet with toothpick. Repeat with remaining fillet.
5. Bake until fish is firm to touch and flakes easily , about 20 minutes.
YIELD: 2 servings
If you like this blog, please look for my other blogs:<"www.thyme-for-herbs.com">Thyme for Herbs