Saturday, December 17, 2011
Looking for a great appetizer for your special party? Your guests will love you for this one! And as usual for An Herbal Bedfellow, easy to make, with just a little bit of fuss. Make the biscuits ahead, (allow for refrigerator time) and add the cheese and olives just before your guests arrive.
2 c. (8 oz.) grated, charp cheddar cheese
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. butter of margarine, softened
2 T. sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 t. salt
1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
3 oz. ( 1/2 of 6 oz. package) Kraft pasteurized process cheese with garlic
Slice pimento stuffed green olives for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Knead with hands, shaping dough into a smooth ball.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls and place onto greased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until light brown. Cool on wire rack.
5. In a small bowl, blend cream cheese and garlic cheese until smooth; refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon cheese mixture into a decorating bag with a star tip or use a baggie with the corner snipped off. Pipe cheese onto biscuits just before serving.
5. Garnish each cheese blossom with 1 slice of olive.
YIELD: about 3 dozen cheese blossoms
If you like An Herbal Bedfellow, check out my other blog at: http://thyme-for-herbs.com.